It’s my birthday!
- I published 5 books.
- I started and completed the first part (Bachelor’s degree) of a Metaphysical Ph. D program with the University of Sedona.
- I started an author website for myself (AliceLangholt.com).
- I became certified to officiate weddings (I’m booked for two weddings in 2016!)
- I created a new idea to make 2016 more meaningful for everyone.
- One daughter became a Bat Mitzvah (I threw the party – that was a lot of planning!)
- Another daughter spent a month at Brandeis University over the summer.
- I made it through a season as a Marching Band Mom.
- My son started going to a magnet middle school for the highly gifted student.
- I went to Iowa on a Transcendental Meditation Retreat.
- I was in a musical with all four kids and my husband.
- And lots, lots more. What an amazing year!!
I also started realizing some deep, spiritual things about life. That’s the biggest part for me. My studies, and introspection, have led me to understand that there is a true essence of who we are. This true essence is not our thoughts, not our feelings, not our bodies. It’s not our experiences, or even our gifts and talents. All of those are like clouds- they pass along. What stays? What is underneath all of that? The part that’s left is the part that I am when I’m offering Reiki to another person – because that’s the part that connects us all to each other. It’s not a part, really, it’s the real me. Bigger than any perception of individuality.
|My first tattoo.|