It’s my kids’ first week back at school, and I’m absolutely loving the blissful quiet in the house. I’ve taken on new projects, and it’s so much easier to concentrate without a lot of interruptions. Wow. The contrast is amazing. I’m also proud of the way they’ve just jumped right in with sports and activities, and getting back into the pattern of after school snacks and homework as if they never left.
I’ve been working on my website marketing for my school, Reiki Awakening Academy. And I’m happy to have the help of a great consultant, Linda Stephens. One of the parts of creating an effective way to share the message of the great things we’re doing at RAA is to look at what other schools are doing.
It’s kind of sad, really. There aren’t many online schools out there that are doing what RAA is doing. Some websites look really fancy. They offer special certifications that sound very impressive. But dig deeper and there’s no way to see how they conduct their classes, in what ways they provide support, or what the students will be required to do to “earn” their certificate. Either they aren’t doing these things, or they aren’t making it clear that they do.
In looking at their sites, and then at mine, I know I need to be sure to emphasize what we’re doing right.
- We teach in an actual virtual classroom. This provides face to face interaction, live, with the ability to see and hear each other, answer questions, present materials, show and demonstrate, give materials for download right in the class, and allow the students to view a recording of the class afterward for review. Basically, we want to provide as close to an in-person learning experience as an online classroom can be.
- We offer unlimited, unending support afterward. All of our teachers are available to the students any time there are questions or comments. We request evaluations after every class to reflect on how we’re doing, and we take everything into consideration to help us improve.
- Our programs are deep and comprehensive. They offer a wide variety of classes, with new ways of thinking that are at the forefront of the holistic and metaphysical fields. All of our teachers take the work seriously and continually learn and reflect on their growth as practitioners and teachers.
- Our Advanced Healing Pioneers Membership Program allows those who want to be leaders in this incredible field get together to explore the newest developments in understanding the work, as well as deeply discuss how to offer credible answers to our clients, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Reiki and energy healing work is invisible. We can’t “show” very much that demonstrates what we do. The evidence is in the experience, which is totally individual and subjective.
- Intuitive development is the result of work, but again, the work is individual. Techniques are there, but the practitioner has to find which works best for him, and get out of his own way as he learns to receive information that subtly trickles in via the right brain from the Universe. Yeah. I know.
- Teaching energy work by distance requires the learner to accept the fact that energy transmissions can be given and received over any distance. That in itself is a pretty big thing to swallow. (It does work, by the way). Explaining it is even more of a challenge, because many people have some massive mind blocks due to this being outside the scope of their reality for most of their lives.
- Having an online school that offers more than what others do, and showing how we stand out, on a website among millions of websites out there in that vast world wide web of a thing, is hard enough. Then try streamlining all of the great classes, products, programs, and events so that someone who comes by for the first time can see clearly what’s so great and different about us.