Lately, I’ve been pondering the way people think about healing energy and try to define it. Students in my Energy Healing Certification Program are charged with defining Reiki in a paragraph, an “elevator speech” they could use to answer the inevitable stranger’s query “What is Reiki?” They don’t pass the program without being able to do this. And it isn’t easy! Search on the Internet and you’ll find a great variety of definitions, just for the word Reiki. But look for energy healing and you’ll find thousands of techniques and methods, variations on methods, and practitioners saying that their method is the most effective of them all.
Dr. Nemeh lives in my area, and I know several people who have had individual or group sessions with him. As you saw on the video, he has “catchers” to stand behind the people he works on, because they often become overwhelmed with energy and collapse. That’s different.
- Energy is directed by intention.
- The energy that is directed is a natural part of our inherent essence already, but at a higher “frequency” or “vibration” so it affects our own by also elevating it, enhancing the ability to heal and balance.
- The limits to what we can do are ours to discover. The more we are open to allowing for endless possibilities, the more we find that to be true.
- Love, gratitude and humility strengthen this connection.
- Understanding that healing for others is a direct result of the recipient’s openness and ability to receive the energy, rather than the healer “doing something to them” is also important.
- We are all connected by this ONE energy, our collective consciousness – intentions, thoughts, and emotions – create our reality. This creation via intention and manifestation by expectation of results is Spirit energy. Not separate from us, doing something, but a part of the endless and limitless energy of life that we are and create. This means that WE are, collectively, God/Spirit/Source.